What should I avoid while taking lysine?

When taking lysine, be careful not to take too much. Excessive doses may cause diarrhea and abdominal pain. In animal studies, high levels of lysine have been shown to cause gallstones and high cholesterol. If you take other medicines and supplements, be aware of the potential for side effects and interactions. Also, if you take arginine, be aware that high doses of that supplement may lower the levels of lysine in your body.

Continue Learning about Lysine

Should I let my doctor know I’m taking lysine?
It is a good idea to consult a doctor before taking LLysine. The supplement can be harmful for some ...
What is the maximum daily dosage for lysine?
If you are taking lysine, follow your doctor's instructions or the directions on the package label r...
Is lysine an effective treatment of herpes?
L-Lysine may be beneficial for those who suffer from herpes infections. It can be taken orally t...
What are the risks of taking lysine?
Since lysine has not been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat any conditi...