Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q How do I care for someone with congenital hydrocephalus?
- Q How long does congenital hydrocephalus last?
- Q What is the prognosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?
- Q How do I manage hydrocephalus on a daily basis?
- Q What is the life expectancy of a child who has hydrocephalus?
- Q How does hydrocephalus affect my quality of life?