Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q How does hydrocephalus affect my quality of life?
- Q Is there a cure for hydrocephalus?
- Q How will acquired hydrocephalus affect my lifestyle?
- Q How long does congenital hydrocephalus last?
- Q How do I manage acquired hydrocephalus on a daily basis?
- Q What is the prognosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?