Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q How will acquired hydrocephalus affect my lifestyle?
- Q Is there a cure for hydrocephalus?
- Q How do I care for an older adult with acquired hydrocephalus?
- Q How do I manage acquired hydrocephalus on a daily basis?
- Q What is the life expectancy of a child who has hydrocephalus?
- Q Is there a cure for acquired hydrocephalus?