Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q How do I care for someone with congenital hydrocephalus?
- Q How do I manage hydrocephalus on a daily basis?
- Q Are there any coping resources for someone with hydrocephalus?
- Q How do I manage acquired hydrocephalus on a daily basis?
- Q How will acquired hydrocephalus affect my lifestyle?
- Q What is the prognosis for people with hydrocephalus?