Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with hydrocephalus?
- Q What is the life expectancy of a child who has hydrocephalus?
- Q What is the prognosis for people with hydrocephalus?
- Q Are there any coping resources for someone with hydrocephalus?
- Q Is there a cure for hydrocephalus?
- Q What is the prognosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?