You cannot catch cirrhosis from a person who is infected. However, you can catch hepatitis from someone else, and hepatitis, as well as other liver diseases, can cause cirrhosis. To avoid hepatitis, be sure you do not come into contact with another person's bodily fluids.
- Q What increases my risk for cirrhosis?
- Q What causes cirrhosis of the liver?
- Q What are the symptoms of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)?
- Q Who is most at risk for cirrhosis?
- Q Can alcohol-related liver disease cause cirrhosis?
- Q Can non-alcoholic fatty liver disease cause cirrhosis?