You cannot catch cirrhosis from a person who is infected. However, you can catch hepatitis from someone else, and hepatitis, as well as other liver diseases, can cause cirrhosis. To avoid hepatitis, be sure you do not come into contact with another person's bodily fluids.
- Q How is primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) diagnosed?
- Q Can non-alcoholic fatty liver disease cause cirrhosis?
- Q What are the causes of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)?
- Q What increases my risk for cirrhosis?
- Q Can hepatitis cause cirrhosis?
- Q What causes cirrhosis of the liver?