What is a knee extension?

A knee extension is a resistance training exercise in which a load is placed on the shin and from a seated position, you contract your quadriceps muscles to extend the lower leg until the whole leg is sticking straight out. To perform a knee extension sit down in a machine or strap a weight to the ankle and sit down in a chair with your knee bent at approximately no degrees. Keep your spine and head in neutral alignment, contract your thigh muscle until your leg is completely straight, then slowly relax your thigh to bring your leg back to the original position. 

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

how do i use a leg press machine ?
Sit in a sled machine and position your back and glutes against the support pads.  Keep your feet st...
how should i position my body when i squat to work different areas ?
It is always best to keep your legs in a neutral stance when performing a squat. Turning the leg...
how do i perform chair lunges ?
To perform a chair lunge, place your rear foot on a chair, and have your lead foot slightly in front...
are plie squats good for toning my inner thighs ?
Not really. Of all of the muscles plie squats work, inner thighs is probably the one it works th...