How should I do a single-leg stance?

David Slovik, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
To do a single-leg stance, stand on one foot for up to 30 seconds. Put your foot down and steady yourself, then repeat on the opposite leg. Perform two to four times on each leg. If necessary, hold on to the back of a chair or counter. Then work toward doing the exercise without support.

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

Bye-Bye Saddlebags: How to Slim Your Outer Thighs
Saddlebags sure are handy when you're riding a horse out on the trail or zooming along on a Harley, but when you're trying to slide into your favorite...
How can I get stronger hamstrings?
Getting stronger hamstrings requires the right combination of proper nutrition, recovery, resist...
What can I do to strengthen my weak ankles?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Weak ankles are an important issue to address, as the ankle helps to support the entire rest of ...
Exercises for Shapely Legs and Butt
Exercises for Shapely Legs and Butt