What eye problems are associated with acquired hydrocephalus?

Older children and adults with acquired hydrocephalus experience eye problems as a result of acquired hydrocephalus, but these problems usually disappear after treatment. One of these symptoms is referred to as "sunsetting," in which the eyes are fixed downward. Other symptoms for this condition related to the eyes are papilledema, or a swelling of the optic disk, and blurred vision. Again, these problems should be reversed once you are properly treated for acquired hydrocephalus.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Symptoms

What are the symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus?
Symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age, the severity of the disease, and your tol...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hydrocephalus symptoms?
If you suspect that you have hydrocephalus symptoms, see your doctor immediately. Hydrocephalus is b...
What should I know about headaches and acquired hydrocephalus?
Headaches are a very common symptom reported by people with acquired hydrocephalus. If there are any...
How does acquired hydrocephalus affect the body?
In acquired hydrocephalus, a blockage caused by a tumor, stroke, or other condition prevents a fluid...