How should I warm up my feet before exercising?

Christopher Chiodo, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
To limber up your foot before attempting other exercises, try this:
  1. Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
  2. Lift your left leg so your foot is off the floor and use your big toe to make circles in the air, moving in a clockwise direction, for 15 to 20 rotations.
  3. Reverse direction and make another 15 to 20 circles, this time in a counterclockwise direction.
  4. Repeat with your right foot.

Continue Learning about How to Prepare for Exercise

How should I do inchworm warm-up exercises?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
The inchworm is a warm-up exercise that can easily be performed before any kind of exercise. Here's ...
What precautions should I take when starting an exercise program?
Jaspal R. Singh, MDJaspal R. Singh, MD
When it comes to free weight and resistance training, it is important to focus on proper technique a...
Should I warm-up before my workout?
Doing a low intensity warm-up (biking, walking, etc.) can make big differences in your workouts. War...
How Should I Hydrate My Body When Exercising?