Is wearing underwear that's too tight unhealthy?

Wearing underwear that is too tight can cause a variety of health issues. If you wear your underwear up high near the belly button this can put excessive pressure on the stomach and aggravate acid reflux disease. If you wear your underwear low it can aggravate urinary incontinence issues, and compress nerves of the groin and lower leg as well as hamper blood flow. Do not wear garments that leave indents or pressure on the skin.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Five Ways to Improve Your Health
Five Ways to Improve Your Health
You’re in an exam room, wearing a blue paper robe, as the doctor checks your blood pressure, heart rate, breathing, and weight. Afterwards he reaches ...
Little Steps, Big Rewards: Making a Workout Workable
If you wanted to get to the top of the Great Pyramid you’d have to clamber over 203 huge steps to reach the 454 foot summit. The top of the Eifel Towe...
How can I break bad habits?
Something triggered a stress fest in your life and you responded by drinking too much, starting to s...
Why should I monitor my progress when changing health habits?
Joshua C. Klapow, PhDJoshua C. Klapow, PhD
The tendency to discount the power of monitoring is something we see all the time. Keeping a close w...