How should I set goals that I can achieve?

Set SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Specific, and phrase them in a positive, growth-oriented way.

Avoid goals that are too generic or indefinable. Setting specific goals, or subgoals, that could be accomplished in 60 or 90-day increments is important.

Measurable means what’s measured is what’s improved, so if your goal is to lose weight, keep a food diary as a way of self-monitoring.

Attainable is pretty clear -- unattainable is just that.

Relevant means the goal applies to your life and your priorities.

And finally, be time-specific and say, "I will reach this goal in the next year."

A good goal list should only have five to 10 items on it, so write them down. And while conventional wisdom says you should take on one large goal at a time, researchers at the University of Rhode Island have found that a person can be just as successful accomplishing two goals if they are interrelated or complementary, like learning to relax and stop smoking. Many people relax by smoking, so learning to relax makes perfect sense.
Changeology: 5 Steps to Realizing Your Goals and Resolutions

Is there a scientific formula you can follow to change your life? Change is hard. But not if you know the 5-step formula that works whether you’re trying to stop smoking or start recycling. Dr....

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

how can joining a book club improve my health ?
Building brain power and making social connections delivers a double dose of “I feel healthy and hap...
how can i make a life vision for myself ?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
To make a life vision for your yourself, step 1 is realizing you need an overall vision for your lif...
how often should i wash my hands if cold and flu season is over ?
Regular hand-washing is one of the easiest and best ways to prevent illness any time of the year...
6 healthy life hacks
6 healthy life hacks6 healthy life hacks6 healthy life hacks6 healthy life hacks
just because you’re pressed for time , does n’t mean your health has to suffer . here are some tips and tricks to make being healthy easier . drink mo...