Is hydration important for rugby/lacrosse?

As with all sports, dehydration can impair performance and jeopardize health. Players should: Drink 16 ounces of a sports drink one hour before exercise as it takes one hour for one liter of fluid to leave the gut; Drink 20 to 40 ounces of fluid (sports drink/water) per hour of practice; drink 16-24 ounces of fluid for every pound of body weight lost during exercise, immediately post exercise. One easy test, if you are adequately hydrated, your urine will be clear to very pale yellow in color.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
How soon after a workout should I eat to maximize recovery?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
A light meal consisting of carbohydrates, protein, and fluids should be eaten within 30 minutes afte...
For an early morning workout what should I eat?
It is important to eat a pre-workout or morning snack before you ride. After a night of fasting,...
Can Athletic Training Technology Have Uses Outside of Training?