How can dragon fruit improve my skin?

Dragon fruit is a sweet, vibrant and succulent fruit that grows on cacti and contains lycopene, a red pigment also found in tomatoes. Lycopene is known for helping to reduce damage to the skin when exposed to the sun. Dragon fruit is also rich in cartenoids, another excellent antioxidant.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Is Ghee Actually Good for Your Health?
Is Ghee Actually Good for Your Health?
A number of diets, like the Ketogenic (Keto) and Whole30, tout ghee as a healthier alternative to butter. But ghee—which is a common ingredient in man...
Why should I avoid foods made with white flour?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
You’ll want to avoid the white flour found in many breads and pasta, because your body rapidly c...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
What Are the Healthiest Types of Mushroom?