In some cases, insurance companies do not cover over-the-counter medications. However, in many cases your out-of-pockets costs for over-the-counter medications are less than your cost for a comparable prescription medication. Review your plan documents to see what medications are covered under your plan.
- Q What are the different payments I will make with a health insurance plan?
- Q What are the disadvantages of prescription drug plans?
- Q Do I have to pay my health bills if the insurance company does not?
- Q What medications are not included in a Prescription Drug List/ formulary?
- Q What's the difference between a brand-name drug and a generic drug?
- Q How do I help to avoid problems filling a prescription?