In some cases, insurance companies do not cover over-the-counter medications. However, in many cases your out-of-pockets costs for over-the-counter medications are less than your cost for a comparable prescription medication. Review your plan documents to see what medications are covered under your plan.
- Q What should I do if I can’t afford to pay my health insurance bill?
- Q How do I get a prescription not covered by my pharmacy benefit?
- Q What medications are not included in a Prescription Drug List/ formulary?
- Q What are preferred and non-preferred drugs?
- Q What are the disadvantages of prescription drug plans?
- Q What is a Prescription Drug List (PDL) also know as a formulary?