What is an interdisciplinary team?

An interdisciplinary team is a group of healthcare providers from different fields who work together or toward the same goal to provide the best care or best outcome for a patient or group of patients. Some examples of specialties that can make up an interdisciplinary team include:
  • pharmacist
  • nurse
  • case manager
  • social worker
  • respiratory technician
  • doctor (from all fields, for example, cardiologist, internist, family medicine, anesthesiologist, etc.)

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What tax return information should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your tax return information before you die. The information to gather fo...
What is regionalization of healthcare?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Regionalization of healthcare is the shifting of care to designated centers within a certain system ...
How do wait times at an urgent care compare to a hospital ER?
CareNowCareNow
Wait times can vary, but generally you can be in and out of an urgent care facility within an hour. ...
Is Health and Healthcare a Basic Human Right?