Should I talk to my doctor about different dosing?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Always discuss any change in the dose of a drug with your doctor. If a drug isn’t helping or is causing serious or unpleasant side effects, the dose may need to be changed or the drug may need to be stopped. Because the drug may be needed to treat a serious health problem, don’t make any changes to the dose or stop taking the drug on your own. Call your doctor first. To make the drug work better or relieve side effects, your doctor may prescribe a smaller or larger dose or have you take the drug more or less often. Sometimes, your doctor may prescribe a different drug that might work better for you.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Why Are Other Industries Way ahead of the Healthcare Industry with Electronic Records?
What Is the State of Malaria Research?
What Is the State of Malaria Research?
How Has Telemedicine Evolved?
How Has Telemedicine Evolved?
How Important Is Text-Based Communication in Global Health Today?