What apps can help me track my child's growth, development and weight?

Two apps can help parents make informed decisions about their child's weight:

• The Withings Smart Kid Scale (withings.com) is a connected baby and toddler scale designed to help parents track and assess their child’s health and growth from birth to eight years old. Its dedicated app helps parents track their children’s growth path, with visualized weight trends and development charts that can be compared to set standards. Parents can also share this information with their pediatrician, leading to early intervention if children are at risk for becoming overweight.
  • First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative is also using digital resources to help encourage children and parents make informed decisions about nutrition and health. The site -- letsmove.gov -- contains information about food and nutrition, physical activity and strategies for families, schools and communities to help children avoid childhood obesity.

Continue Learning about Health Trackers

5 Biofeedback Apps to Ease Anxiety
5 Biofeedback Apps to Ease Anxiety
There’s no greater skill to easing anxiety and physical tension than learning to relax. Think about how many times you’ve heard someone else say, “rel...
What can I learn from tracking my stress?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
There are so many of us that are running through life on a constant basis these days. Tracking your ...
Why should I track my sleep?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
The most important reason to track your sleep is that sleep is good for your health, so you need to ...
8 Health Habits You Should Track
8 Health Habits You Should Track8 Health Habits You Should Track8 Health Habits You Should Track8 Health Habits You Should Track
Learn key ways trackers, apps and wearables can boost your health.