Could a urogynecologist help with my groin and hip pain?

Kevin W. Windom, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Urogynecologists are trained urologists and/or gynecologists that are specialized in the treatment of  female patients who have pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence or other types of gynecologic or urologic problems. Often times, patients with pelvic organ prolapse (in which the bladder is prolapsing into the vagina or the rectum is prolapsing into the vagina or the uterus is prolapsing into the vagina) can have a significant amount of pain in their pelvis and groin area. Sometimes their pain can radiate to their hip. The most common cause of groin and hip pain is usually musculoskeletal and/or low back problems. If this has been ruled out and your physician is at a loss for the etiology of your groin and hip pain, it would be a good idea to seek a urogynecologist's help especially if you are having other symptoms such as problems with bowel movements or problems with emptying your bladder or urinary/fecal incontinence.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?
How Can Patients Minimize Their Chances of Developing Complications Following Robotic Surgery?
What Are the Limitations of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
Sanford - Kevin Benson - Why didn't previous physicians diagnose my condition