What strength drills can I do for gymnastics?

Drills that can enhance strength for gymnasts include push-ups, pull-ups, seated rope climbing, hanging leg raises, and a free standing handstand with push-up. Many of these drills can be done at home with enough space and a safe, sturdy chin up bar. It is always important to practice drills with meticulous form so no movement compensations occur. Improper form not only leads to muscular imbalances, but can increase the risk of injury.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What conditioning can I do at home for gymnastics?
Exercises that include core work are extremely important and are crucial for success as a gymnas...
How many times per week should I be doing cardio training for gymnastics?
Cardiovascular training for gymnasts be should added for varying amounts of time depending on th...
How can I increase my upper-body strength for gymnastics?
Upper-body strength is a great asset for gymnastics, and a much needed component of a performance tr...
How does staying tight reduce gymnastic injuries?
A gymnast is often told to stay tight, or keep the body tense, while executing movements. It is ...