What strength drills can I do for gymnastics?

Drills that can enhance strength for gymnasts include push-ups, pull-ups, seated rope climbing, hanging leg raises, and a free standing handstand with push-up. Many of these drills can be done at home with enough space and a safe, sturdy chin up bar. It is always important to practice drills with meticulous form so no movement compensations occur. Improper form not only leads to muscular imbalances, but can increase the risk of injury.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

Is there a way to know if my core is working correctly for gymnastics?
An assessment of the core can be done by a qualified health care practitioner or physical therap...
What conditioning can I do at home for gymnastics?
Exercises that include core work are extremely important and are crucial for success as a gymnas...
How does staying tight reduce gymnastic injuries?
A gymnast is often told to stay tight, or keep the body tense, while executing movements. It is ...
What should a beginning gymnast do to prevent injury?
A beginning gymnast needs to understand the complete definition of body awareness and focus before t...