Can posture enhance my gymnastics performance?

Posture is the static and dynamic alignment of all structures of the body at any given moment, and is controlled by the nervous system. Optimum posture provides structural and functional efficiency throughout the entire body or kinetic chain which can enhance gymnastics performance. If one part of the body is out of alignment, other parts will be out of alignment and cause imbalances and decreased performance.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What exercises can I do at home for upper-body gymnastic strength?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
There are many exercises you can do at home to help increase your upper-body strength for gymnastics...
Is the training facility important for gymnastics?
The training facility is extremely important for gymnastics. A trusted recommendation or referra...
How can I increase my upper-body strength for gymnastics?
One of the most common exercises for increasing upper body strength for gymnastics (and one of my pe...
How many times per week should I be doing cardio training for gymnastics?
Cardiovascular training for gymnasts be should added for varying amounts of time depending on th...