Can posture enhance my gymnastics performance?

Posture is the static and dynamic alignment of all structures of the body at any given moment, and is controlled by the nervous system. Optimum posture provides structural and functional efficiency throughout the entire body or kinetic chain which can enhance gymnastics performance. If one part of the body is out of alignment, other parts will be out of alignment and cause imbalances and decreased performance.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

Can strength and conditioning help me on the uneven bars in gymnastics?
Strength and conditioning is important and should be included in a gymnast's training program.It...
How can I become more powerful during my gymnastics floor routine?
Floor routines include tumbles, leaps, turns, flips, and backward and forward twists. Balance, stren...
How can I increase my upper-body strength for gymnastics?
Upper-body strength is a great asset for gymnastics, and a much needed component of a performance tr...
What are the basic skills needed for gymnastics?
Basic skills required for the gymnast are flexibility, core strength, balance, upper and lower-b...