What exercises help golfers with core strength?

The core refers to all muscles that attach to the lumbo-pelvic hip complex. In addition to flexion exercises such as the crunch or leg lift, athletes should be sure to train the back side of the body. Back extension over a stability ball, stability ball cobra, and table-top opposite arm-leg lifts are important exercises for postural control and core stability. Golf has a significant rotational demand, so training the oblique muscles is also important. Exercises such as the Russian twist, half-kneeling cable chop, or cable rotation can help with rotational control and strength.

Continue Learning about Golf

How do I improve my posture for golf?
A strong trunk allows forces to be transferred effectively from the legs to the upper body and a...
How can plyometrics be added to a golf training program?
Plyometrics are an important part of an integrated sports training program to help develop lower...
What exercises increase shoulder strength for golfers?
Strength training should include isolated exercises for rotator cuff strength and scapular stabi...
What exercises should golfers do to maintain a strong and stable back?
Often times, athletes confuse core training with only training the front side of their bodies. I...