How does strength help a golfer to hit the ball farther?

When a muscle is exposed to the stress of an external load it adapts over time and is better able to produce tension against that force and becomes stronger and able to produce more force and power. When combined with  good skill and good techniques this allows you to hit a golf ball with more force and power and hit the ball further. It’s important to remember that weight training should be combined with a good flexibility program and good golf swing mechanics to maximize performance. 

Continue Learning about Golf

How do I improve my posture for golf?
A strong trunk allows forces to be transferred effectively from the legs to the upper body and a...
What type of fitness testing is helpful for golfers?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
This one is in my wheelhouse. Diagnosing specific fitness limitations is critical in understanding h...
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing