Why does flying make my gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) worse?

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms can be brought on by air travel. A change in the type of food consumed, the length of time between meals and sleeping habits can cause heartburn. If possible, when traveling, try to eat small, frequent meals, avoid foods high in fat, get enough sleep and wear loose, comfortable clothing.

Continue Learning about GERD

How can I prevent bad breath from acid reflux?
How can I prevent bad breath from acid reflux? You can help prevent bad breath from acid reflux by b...
What foods are the worst triggers for acid reflux?
Spicy and fried foods, coffee, soda, alcohol and tomatoes are among the foods that are off-limits fo...
What Is GERD?
What Is GERD?
What Is the Difference Between GERD and Heartburn?