What are common tests conducted in the emergency room?

In the ER, you could receive basic blood tests, as well as tests of electrolytes, renal function, urine, and much more.

Common tests conducted in an emergency room (ER) depend on multiple factors. Some factors include the main complaint a person presents with, the location of the facility (rural versus large city) and resources available in that community. Most ERs are set up to do basic lab tests such as complete blood counts, urine tests and complete metabolic panels, as well as basic imaging such as x-ray and computed tomography (CT) scans.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

What does a trauma surgeon do?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Basically, a trauma surgeon takes care of people who are injured, working with the hospital staff to...
What is a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
One in eight babies in the U.S. is born prematurely and may face weeks or even months in a neonatal ...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?