question

What are common tests conducted in the emergency room?

Sharecare Editorial Advisory Board
Sharecare Editorial Advisory Board
answer

Common tests conducted in an emergency room (ER) depend on multiple factors. Some factors include the main complaint a person presents with, the location of the facility (rural versus large city) and resources available in that community. Most ERs are set up to do basic lab tests such as complete blood counts, urine tests and complete metabolic panels, as well as basic imaging such as x-ray and computed tomography (CT) scans.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Are registered nurses and critical care nurses the same?
A registered nurse and a critical care nurse are referring to two different things. Learn more from ...
What happens in the emergency room (ER) examination room?
The medical condition bringing you to the emergency room determines much of what happens in the exam...
Can my family stay with me in critical care?
Learn how your family can stay with you in critical care.
What does a first responder do at an emergency?
As a first responder, your first step is to assess the situation to ensure the scene is safe. Learn ...