What can I do to recover better between double sessions?

Follow these tips to thrive during double days: 1.) Pre-hydrate and drink water consistently through out the day - drink a gallon of fluids in addition to the water you drink during and immediately after practice. Limit&nbsp; overly sugary and caffeinated beverages - they are actually dehydrating you and you won't even feel it; 2.) Get a light stretch after every practice.&nbsp; Five minutes can go a long way to assist that afternoon warmup; 3.) Get in the training room ice tub or make one on your own. You can fill an unused and large garbage bin with cold water and some bags of ice. Spend about 10-15 minutes in the ice tub. The first minute or two won't be fun, but you'll be glad you did it when you feel that spring in your step. <br />

Continue Learning about Football

How do I get in condition for football?
Getting in condition for football is best achieved by using a progression of exercise from post-seas...
Is there anything I can do to alleviate shoulder soreness from hitting?
Always check with a physician to ensure the shoulder soreness is not something more serious that may...
How can I prevent my football equipment from slowing me down?
The best piece of advice to minimize some of the affects of your equipment is to increase your t...
Which type of football shoulder pads should I choose?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are two styles of football shoulder pads: cantilevered and noncantilevered. Cantilevered p...