Should I drastically change my training to prepare for a combine?

Some of the drills/tests at the combine include the 40 yard dash, bench press (225 lbs), vertical jump, broad jump, 3 cone drill, and shuttle run. Your program should taper from general conditioning to improving strength and power that will improve your abilities in these specific drills/tests. Moreover, lifting and training volume must alter as you get closer to a combine performance. Any lifting that is focusing on building muscle mass should be placed on the back burner and instead focus on power and explosiveness as a  high priority. In addition, practicing the specific drills, improving sprinting and jumping technique will be imperative. Many athletes will need to learn the subtleties of each test at the combine for maximal performance.

Continue Learning about Football

What energy systems am I using when playing football?
The energy system demands of a football game as whole are aerobic for the most part. This is due...
How can I choose a safe football helmet?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...
How can I add to the protection from football shoulder pads?
Along with wearing shoulder pads, you can add items for a little extra protection and cushion. T...
What's better for football - the traditional squat or lunges?
First determine the goal of the exercise, that can help you decide. There are merits for both lifts ...