How do I improve my open field agility?

Install the following three exercises in the off-season and keep them handy whenever you or your players need a refresher course: 1. The side lunge is a great way to improve lateral leg strength as well as coordination and stability. Perform 3-4 sets with repetitions ranging from 6-12 each side; 2.) single leg squat with cable assistance demands total body awareness in order to maintain balance and keep the ankle, knees, and hips aligned to ensure injury resistance. Implement 2-3 sets of 15 reps each side; and 3.) speed ladder zig zag demands lightening quick feet and taps into the ability to re-direct in short bursts. Have your athletes perform about 4-6 reps of 10 second bursts on this exercise to get them one step closer to becoming more agile on the field.

Continue Learning about Football

How can I choose a safe football helmet?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...
I get a ton of stingers when I hit, any way to stop it from happening?
A football stinger occurs when the brachial plexus, which is located on the base of the neck, is...
How can I prevent my football equipment from slowing me down?
The best piece of advice to minimize some of the affects of your equipment is to increase your t...
Why do linemen wear knee braces in football?
Knee braces can be worn to protect against damage to the ligaments of the knee, or they can be w...