I need a little more strength when coming out of my stance - any ideas?

Strength and power training can help you increase your strength moving out of your stance. Perform power step-ups to increase your explosiveness. To perform this exercise effectively,  push hard into the ground with both legs simultaneously. This, along with keeping your abdominals really tight and using your arms to help with the effort, should really launch you off the box as high and as quick as you can muster. You should perform 3-4 sets of 4-8 reps each leg, resting 1-2 minutes between sets. 

Continue Learning about Football