I need a little more strength when coming out of my stance - any ideas?

Strength and power training can help you increase your strength moving out of your stance. Perform power step-ups to increase your explosiveness. To perform this exercise effectively,  push hard into the ground with both legs simultaneously. This, along with keeping your abdominals really tight and using your arms to help with the effort, should really launch you off the box as high and as quick as you can muster. You should perform 3-4 sets of 4-8 reps each leg, resting 1-2 minutes between sets. 

Continue Learning about Football

Is there anything I can do to alleviate shoulder soreness from hitting?
Always check with a physician to ensure the shoulder soreness is not something more serious that may...
What is most important if changing direction is the goal?
Quickening the feet prior to a sharp cut, juke, or aggressive change of direction is essential t...
How can I improve my receiving?
The first step is to receive a check up on our vision to see if we need any prescription assista...
How often do football helmets need to be reconditioned?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The National Operating Committee on Standards of Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) does not have a set...