Can I eat dark chocolate if I have fructose intolerance?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Researchers have found benefits to eating dark chocolate such as heart and blood pressure health. Processed chocolate, however, is made by combining the original substance with sugar and other ingredients such as cocoa and butter. Dark chocolate is no exception; the difference is that dark chocolate has a higher concentration of cocoa than other kinds of chocolate. If you have fructose intolerance, you should avoid all types of chocolate.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Could You Have a Food Sensitivity and Not Know It?
If your skin breaks into a fiery, itchy rash, your tongue swells and breathing becomes difficult shortly after eating a shrimp cocktail, there’s a goo...
Everything You Need to Know About Common Food Allergies
Whether shrimp makes you itchy or eggs give you hives, you’re in good company. Food allergies affect around 32 million Americans, according to the non...
Can wheat allergies be cured?
Wheat allergies cannot be cured-but children usually outgrow the allergy. Learn more from our expert...
What foods can I eat if I have a soy allergy?
What foods can I eat if I have a soy allergy? There are several foods that you can eat if you have a...