Why should I stretch as a basketball player?

Aside from running on a treadmill which many people hate to do, you can use an elliptical trainer, the Stairmaster, a jump rope, circuit training, drills, and recreational basketball games for cardio.  The most important aspect of your cardio training is the intensity.  Even if you are going to play basketball, it is important that you set cardiovascular goals for yourself.  For example, plan to always be the first player down the court,  go for every rebound both offensively and defensively, or do your best to impersonate Reggie Miller and move every moment with or without the ball.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How long should I hold each stretch?
This depends on the type of stretch you are performing. For static stretches, hold each stretch ...
How should I do a calf muscle stretch?
To do a calf muscle stretch, follow these steps: Face a wall with one leg in front of the other ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?