What is active flexibility?

Active flexibility focuses on improving soft tissue extensibility and increasing neuromuscular control. Active flexibility uses both self-myofascial release (foam rolling) and active-isolated stretching techniques.
Active flexibility focuses on increasing the extensibility and the neuromuscular efficiency of a muscle. It includes foam rolling (self-myofascial release) as well as active-isolated stretching.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and...
What are some different types of flexibility training?
Different types of flexibility training include correcive flexibility, active flexibility, and funct...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?