What exercises help with recovery after heavy training or competition?

Performing foam rolling techniques and static stretching will help relax the muscles you trained during your workout. Foam rolling can be used as a form of self massage and relax the muscles trained. After foam rolling, you can then stretch those muscles to continually relax the muscles and reset those muscles to their normal resting lengths. This can help decrease the risk of muscle imbalances and potential injury.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What is the bowstring stretch?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
In the bowstring stretch, you pull on a resistive band to simulate the motion of pulling back a ...
What is dynamic flexibility?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Dynamic stretching consists of using a controlled speed and moving a muscle through its entire range...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?