Should I stretch before or after my warm-up?

Stretching prior to your cardiorespiratory warm-up is recommended especially if most of your day is spent in a seated position. Based on your daily activities and movement patterns, certain muscles can become tight and will benefit from being stretched prior to your workout. By incorporating static stretches (stretches you hold for 30 seconds), you will not only feel more "loose" during your warm-up, but also help reduce the rate of injury and muscular breakdown.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What is flexibility training?
Flexibility training involves low-intensity exercises that increase the total range of motion of a j...
What are the benefits of being flexible?
Being flexible means that your joints are able to move freely throughout their full range of mot...
What muscle do most people need to stretch?
The muscle most people need to stretch is the calf muscle. Due to wearing shoes with elevated he...
How can I improve neck flexibility?
To maintain range of motion and improve flexibility in your neck, try the neck rotation exercise...