How does stretching help the back heal?

If your back is injured then stretching may help. As long as you have been cleared by your physician to start light stretching then please do! If you have an injury in your back then more than likely a muscle is overly tight and needs to be stretched. Much of the time, our injuries are the result of an overly active muscle that is so wound up that we need something or someone to stretch it. A great way to stretch your entire body is through self-myofascial release which will be completed through foam rolling. In addition, forms of exercise such as yoga will increase flexibility which will help prevent injury and tightness of muscles.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

How can I improve wrist flexibility?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Throughout the day, it is important to continually stretch your wrist to prevent losing your flexibi...
How do I perform a calf stretch properly?
First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot ...
What are the new trends in flexibility exercises?
Dynamic flexibility is a great alternative to “traditional” static stretching. This type of stretchi...
How can I improve my flexibility?
Flexibility can be improved by properly applying a variety of stretching techniques such as various ...