How should I stretch the muscles on the bottom of my feet?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
To stretch the muscles on the bottom of your feet:
  1. Stand with feet together.
  2. Step back with your left leg so your heel is raised and your toes press against the ground. You should feel the muscles on the bottom of your feet pull gently.
  3. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
  4. Repeat with your right foot.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What is active flexibility?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Active flexibility focuses on improving soft tissue extensibility and increasing neuromuscular contr...
What is the purpose of the latissimus dorsi stretch exercise?
The latissimus dorsi is the major muscle of the back involved in arm extension and internal rotation...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?