Can static stretching make my muscles long and lean?

Long, lean muscles are dependent upon your genetics. Long muscles are due to short tendons (the connectors of muscle to bone). If you are born with long tendons and short muscles, you will not be able to stretch your muscles beyond your muscles' length potential.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
Are there any other forms of flexibility training besides just stretching?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Flexibility is the ability to have full active range of motion.  In general, we tend to keep the mot...
What are the benefits of being flexible?
Being flexible means that your joints are able to move freely throughout their full range of mot...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?