Can static stretching make my muscles long and lean?

Long, lean muscles are dependent upon your genetics. Long muscles are due to short tendons (the connectors of muscle to bone). If you are born with long tendons and short muscles, you will not be able to stretch your muscles beyond your muscles' length potential.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How often should I do flexibility exercises?
Stretching should be performed a minimum of three days a week for 5-10 minutes at a time. For maximu...
What is the forearm rotational-stretching exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The forearm rotational-stretching exercise lengthens the pronators teres and quadratus and the supin...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?