What are the advantages of using exercise videos?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Exercise videos are a great way to sample a new discipline before you commit to taking a class. Some videos are broken down into short 10- or 20-minute segments to give you a quick lift when you're feeling out of balance. If you try something and you aren't enjoying it, try something else. Sample the wide variety of fun routines available and find the ones that restore and renew you. There are videos that give you instructions on how to exercise or do yoga in your bed, a chair, or an airplane seat. When you find something that clicks for you, you'll know it.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Most exercise videos take you through an organized workout format that begins with a warm-up, takes you through several exercises, and ends with a cool-down. Also, exercise videos allow you to see how exercises are performed and can motive you to complete a workout from start to finish. They are a great for individuals who are new to exercise, bored with their current routine, or just need a positive motivation from their favorite celebrity fitness trainer. If you are an individual who works long hours or has limited time to engage in physical activity, you can use these types of videos to exercise in the privacy of your own home. 

Continue Learning about Fitness Resources

Do the new ‘active’ video games count as exercise?
New studies have shown that active video games can count as exercise. People are less active and are...
Do I need to supplement fitness DVDs with other resources?
Not necessarily. Many DVDs are great for home instruction just for picking up some new tips and ...
Where can I purchase fitness books?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
Fitness books can be purchased at a book store (ex. Barnes and Nobels, Borders), online (ex. Amazon)...
What Is a Good Exercise I Can Do to Tone My Legs?