What is exercise psychology?

Exercise psychology is concerned with the application of psychological principles to the promotion of physical activity and exercise; the psychological and emotional consequences of physical activity and exercise and the psychological, emotional and health related consequences of the lack of exercise.
Exercise psychology is a discipline used to help people assess where they are at with regards to exercise, define an individualized exercise program, help people deal with the barriers and issues that restrict people's participation in exercise and maximize a person's enjoyment of exercise.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Is it ok to reward myself for exercising?
It is ok to reward yourself for exercising, but be careful of the reward. If the reward contradi...
How often should I give positive feedback?
There is not a limit to positive feedback but there are conditions for when it's better to give it. ...
Can an exercise physiologist help me with a fitness and exercise program?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Absolutely. Exercise physiologists are well versed in all components required in comprehensive exerc...
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?