How can I avoid feeling panic if I miss a day of working out?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Even with the best of intentions, life happens and we can’t always work out the way we planned. Try to keep a realistic perspective here. Missing a day of exercising isn’t going to change anything. And often the break can be good, as it allows the body to rest and recover. Keeping a healthy relationship with your fitness regime is the best approach for long term health and wellness.
If you miss a day of working out don’t worry or panic. Fitness is a long term journey. You don’t become fit with one day of working out and you don’t become unfit by missing one day of working out. Fitness is determined by what you do over the majority of time not what you do on an individual day. If you are active on most days of the week it’s actually good to take a few days off to rest and recover. So if you miss a day don’t worry about it and just be active tomorrow.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

What can I do if I feel intimidated by the regulars in my exercise class?
David BuerDavid Buer
If you feel intimidated in a group exercise setting, it's important to remember that you are there f...
What physiologically is happening in sub-threshold workouts?
In sub-threshold intervals you are essentially working on your time trialing ability because you...
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?