Should I weigh myself regularly if I want to get in shape?

When you want to get in shape, body image is not a numbers game. You've probably heard this before: Don't pay attention to the scale. Unless you're a prizefighter or a college wrestler, what you weigh isn't important. It certainly isn't anything to agonize over. If you're training hard, eating well, and gaining muscle in the gym, your weight may not be a reliable indicator of how you actually look.

Simply take stock of yourself in a mirror and the way your clothes fit as a way to gauge your progress. Nobody knows how much you weigh and nobody cares. Don't create a problem that doesn't exist.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

How can I burn extra body fat on my waist and thighs?
 The body does not take off fat from one specific region of the body at any one time; this concept i...
How can failure help me reach a fitness goal?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
To achieve a fitness goal, learn from the past. Any time you fail to make a change, consider it a st...
How can muscle imbalances keep me from reaching my fitness goals?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Many people suffer from shoulder, knee, foot/ankle, and low back pain. These disabilities are of...
Does the Athletic Challenge for Peak Performance Translate to Common Goals for Everyone?