How should I vary my exercise program according to my goal?

Your acute variables (i.e., sets, repetitions, intensities, or rest intervals) help determine the outcome of your exercise program. They are important components that specify how each exercise is to be performed. For instance, if you want to train for endurance, perform more repetitions at lower intensities (low resistance) and allow for short rest periods. If you want to train for strength, lift heavy loads for a few repetitions and increase your rest periods. Sometimes the smallest changes can make a difference in the entire program outcome.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How can I burn more fat?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Fit and unfit people burn fat differently. The more fit you are, the more efficiently your body ...
How can setting goals help me exercise more?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Deciding on a specific goal and creating a detailed plan to reach that goal will increase your m...
3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit