How can I stick to my fitness and diet goals?

Make your fitness or diet goal public. One dedicated woman posted, "Am trying a day without chocolate," on her Facebook page. She got so many comments from friends, she was still resisting her craving a week later. Whether you tell a lot of people, or a few, making your goal public is a powerful way to motivate yourself.

Tell someone (anyone) your goal. You don’t have to tweet it to the world. Just mention your goal in a casual conversation. While setting the goal is most important, saying it out loud is almost as critical. In one study, people who shared their goal to walk 10,000 steps walked one extra mile, about 2,000 extra steps, a day.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

What Should My First Exercise Goal Be If I Want to Get In Shape?
How to Set Smart Goals for Weight Loss and Exercise
What’s the Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution?
What Exercises Can Improve My Posture?
What Exercises Can Improve My Posture?