How important is it for me to set goals while exercising?

Setting small and attainable goals makes achieving fitness more manageable and less daunting of a task. Much like a house is built in stages, health is a series of steps and goals. By creating clear and manageable goals it creates a clear path and something to focus, each goal you achieve will give you more confidence and encourage you to continue in your quest for fitness. Having goals also helps achieve results since focusing on nothing or everything all at once will not allow you to achieve much success. By focusing on specific goals you will achieve better results than having no goal at all. Start by setting one specific and attainable goal like working out a specific number of times a week, or increasing your walking or running time, then when you’ve achieved that goal create another one.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

how much do people exercise ?
It depends on who they are and where they live and their age. Studies show that only about 25% of Am...
why should my fitness goals be realistic ?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Change does not happen overnight. If your fitness goals are set too high, then the chances of reachi...
if i want to increase my fitness level , how long should i do cardio for ?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Your cardio sessions should last at least 10 minutes at a time. But the longer you are able to exerc...
what exercises can improve my posture ?
what exercises can improve my posture ?