What shoes are appropriate for playing on turf?

Shoes with molded cleats or screw-ins are best. However, some fields may have specific regulations.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Fitness Footwear

What type of shoes should I wear when exercising?
Wear shoes that are expressly made for your exercise program and replace them when they show signs o...
How often should I change my athletic shoes?
How often an athlete needs to change their shoes depends somewhat on the size of the runner and ...
What benefits do toning shoes provide?
Anyone who walks regularly is familiar with the popularity of "toning" shoes. You know the shoes -- ...
What Are the Best Shoes to Wear to Protect Your Feet?