Is training in the water good for me?

There are many positive benefits to training in water. Your natural buoyancy will take pressure off of joints and the water limits the amount of speed and balance required to perform various exercises. This makes training in water low-impact and a good setting to train in for individuals with chronic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and those with severe osteoporosis. Training in the water is also a great option for women in the late stages of pregnancy when the joints of their lower body are under significant stress due to the amount of extra weight they are carrying.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Dr. Mike was walking through his Wellness Center one afternoon when he heard someone comment, “I love exercising early in the morning, but it makes me...
Why don't I get sore after workouts anymore?
David BuerDavid Buer
Our bodies are incredible machines that are made to adapt to almost any situation or stress we encou...
5 Fun Summer Workouts
5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts
Skip the gym and head outside for these fun, calorie-burning workouts.
How to Have a Healthy Commute
How to Have a Healthy Commute