Are there some muscles that we can't exercise?

Yes certain muscle in the body known as smooth muscles like the muscles of your esophagus, and intestines and bladder cannot be exercised and trained to be become stronger. All of the muscles of the body that move the body known as skeletal muscles, and the heart can be exercised to become stronger and more efficient. 
Besides the muscles you can voluntarily exercise, there are others in your body that you have no control over—such as the ones around your intestines and esophagus. They're involuntary smooth muscles—and they're the ones that no amount of crunches can ever build up.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Fitness

Increase Your Fitness, Reduce Your Risk for Serious Diseases
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have gotten the message, “Stand up, move, walk, play, get active,” congratulations! Back in 2011 the CD...
How much exercise do adults need?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
All adults are urged by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to accumulate a weekly tota...
5 Fun Summer Workouts
5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts
Skip the gym and head outside for these fun, calorie-burning workouts.
What Should I Know Before I Try Kung Fu?