Are there some muscles that we can't exercise?

Yes certain muscle in the body known as smooth muscles like the muscles of your esophagus, and intestines and bladder cannot be exercised and trained to be become stronger. All of the muscles of the body that move the body known as skeletal muscles, and the heart can be exercised to become stronger and more efficient. 

Continue Learning about Fitness

Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Dr. Mike was walking through his Wellness Center one afternoon when he heard someone comment, “I love exercising early in the morning, but it makes me...
What is functional fitness?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Functional training is a method of training that strives to get your body stable, in balance and cap...
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
What Can I Do If I Feel Intimidated by the Regulars in My Exercise Class?