Is singing an aerobic activity?

If done for a lengthy period of time such as several minutes to an hour then yes singing would count as an aerobic activity. It requires you to use oxygen and will place demands upon the lungs and heart to supply the oxygen needed to continue to sing. Classically trained singers like opera singers have a very strong lung capacity and well developed cardiorespiratory systems. 

Technically, yes. It requires deep breathing, which draws more oxygen into the blood and causes better circulation.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Your Soundtrack To Better Health
Your Soundtrack To Better Health
Around the time Alan Menken won an Oscar for the sound track to Beauty and The Beast (1991), you and millions of others found yourselves repeatedly hu...
Can Video Games Get You Fit?
Can Video Games Get You Fit?
Cold weather can seriously mess with your motivation to get out and walk (or jog or bike). To keep moving in winter, plug one of these into your DVD p...
How can I make sure I do enough physical activity every week?
David BuerDavid Buer
Being active daily is important for everyone to maintain fitness and to prevent disease. Regular exe...
Ballet-Inspired Chair Workout Pt.2
Ballet-Inspired Chair Workout Pt.2