How will I change once I start exercising?

The changes you will see depend upon your commitment to maintaining a regular exercise routine. Similar to investing in a bank, the more your put into your fitness program, the more you can expect from it. Once you start exercising, you can expect to see positive physical and psychological changes. Some of the physical changes will include more effective weight maintenance, feeling better, elevated energy, increased endurance, higher levels of strength, more restful sleep, increased alertness, and additional flexibility. In addition to the physical benefits, you can expect positive psychological outcomes including strengthened relationships, new friendships, and a more positive self image.

Continue Learning about Fitness

All About You: Stand Up Straight
All About You: Stand Up Straight
One of the easiest ways to strengthen your abdominal muscles—and support your back—is through good posture. You may feel like you're already standing...
Will weight training give me big muscles if I am a woman?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Most of the women I know (from my practice, sitting in TV audiences, and the scores that I meet as I...
5 Fun Summer Workouts
5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts
Skip the gym and head outside for these fun, calorie-burning workouts.
Cranberry Cookie Workout
Cranberry Cookie Workout