How can a pedometer help me track my walking progress?

A pedometer helps track how many steps you take per day. This information can be translated into how far you’ve walked. Pedometers can be used as a useful motivational tool to help keep you active and achieve the recommended 10,000 steps per day.

Moreover, according to the most current public health guidelines on physical activity, the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, for health benefits, you should accumulate 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week. This equates to 30 minutes of walking five days per week.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Go into any gym, physical therapist’s office or rehab center and you will probably find foam rollers stacked on the floor or hanging on a rack. Many e...
How much exercise should I get each week?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
For substantial health benefits, you should do at least 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) to 300 ...
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Add exercise bands to your workout for a leaner, stronger physique.
4 HIIT Exercises You Can Do at Home
4 HIIT Exercises You Can Do at Home