How can a pedometer help me track my walking progress?

A pedometer helps track how many steps you take per day. This information can be translated into how far you’ve walked. Pedometers can be used as a useful motivational tool to help keep you active and achieve the recommended 10,000 steps per day.

Moreover, according to the most current public health guidelines on physical activity, the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, for health benefits, you should accumulate 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week. This equates to 30 minutes of walking five days per week.

Continue Learning about Fitness

4 Attitude Adjustments That Will Help You Actually Enjoy Exercise
Have you ever tried to encourage people to do something they hate—three times a week? I face that problem every day. Pressure doesn’t work. If you ha...
The Secret to Loving Exercise: Pleasure, Not Pain
Exercise slims your hips, flattens your belly, boosts your spirits and—according to a recent study that had us cheering loudly -- packs a longevity bo...
The Sperm Work Out
The Sperm Work Out
Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) fathered 69 children with one wife, who gave birth to 16 twins, seven triplets and four sets of quadruplets. That’s the l...
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?