I have a heart rate monitor, how do I get the most out of it?

Getting the most out of your training does not always mean working faster or harder. The best way to improve and see results is to train at the right intensity.  By using a heart rate monitor, you can make sure that you are not over or under training and exercising in the zone that maximizes your energy toward your exercise goal.  To get the most out of your heart rate monitor, be sure to calculate your maximum heart rate, your target training zone (based on goals), and set the heart rate monitor to your specifications.  In addition, as you continue to exercise, your heart will become more efficient, and your training zone calculations may need to be re-done to ensure that you are always in the appropriate training zone.

Continue Learning about Fitness

How Can I Exercise If I Can't Afford Fitness Equipment?
What Exercise Can I Do At Home to Strengthen My Back?
Fitness Challenge: You’re Invited
Fitness Challenge: You’re Invited
What Breakdancing Moves Can I Use for Exercise?