What can I expect to get from the right exercise program?

Better sex and fewer wrinkles--that’s right--but also feeling better and living the rest of your life with less disability and less weight. The right exercise program will incorporate three forms of physical activity--any, resistance, and cardio, in that order of introduction--and nutrition guidelines that will be fun for you. It will prepare you for Iron Man, if that is what you want, or give you more energy than a newborn puppy.
The right exercise program will get you results! Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, increase your energy levels, or recover from an injury - provided your goals are realistic, the right exercise program will help you achieve your goals in a safe and progressive manner. Your exercise program will be designed specifically for you, based on your needs, while keeping your goals in mind. Other benefits of participating in the right exercise program for you include: improved body composition, decreased stress levels, increased self-esteem and psychological well-being, and increased strength and energy levels. In short, the right exercise program will leave you looking and feeling great!

With the right program, you can expect to get positive physiological results, which can enhance your life and aid in dealing with the rigors of aging. Fitness research has shown that performing moderate exercise on a regular basis can help boost immunity and help prevent disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, regular physical activity can help individuals maintain their weight, reduce their chances for type 2 diabetes, and help the elderly reduce the chances of falls. With serious commitment, genuine effort, and some discomfort, you can expect to achieve your fitness goals.

Dr. Mike Clark, DPT
Fitness
Results. Clear and simple. The right program for you will deliver you to your goals in a reasonable time frame with success. If you want to lose weight, gain muscle, increase performance, get out of pain or just feel better, a properly designed program that focuses on your needs, and created around your interests, will support your exercise goals. In addition, there are several physical benefits to an exercise program. From increased vitality, energy, strength, muscle definition, and better internal health, a good workout program will deliver all of the above. What you should not encounter is pain (physical soreness will occur, however I am referring to specific, acute or chronic pain) or injury. A program that asks you to do too much, too soon, before your body is ready to handle the load of the exercise, could potentially lead you to injury.  
Wendy Batts
Fitness
Let’s talk about what the right exercise program may consist of. While the right program will look different for everybody based on your individual needs, programs should have some common features. These include exercises designed to improve core strength, balance, muscular strength and endurance, cardiorespiratory capacity and flexibility. A program that addresses these areas in a systematic personalized way would be what we would call the “right” program.

What to expect will depend on how all the exercises for those features will be incorporated and how consistent you’ll be with your workouts. In general though, you can expect some of the following. 

• Improved posture
  • Improved balance
  • Better coordination
  • Better flexibility
  • Improved endurance
  • Increased strength
  • Weight loss (if you eat fewer calories in addition to the right exercise program)
  • More energy
  • Decreased risk of diseases such as diabetes and hypertension

It’s a great idea to get some guidance from a fitness professional that can help design the right program for you and keep you on track as well!

Continue Learning about Fitness

What can I do to stay fit when I travel?
Grannies on SafariGrannies on Safari
A traveler loses control over food choices by restaurant availability, by being restricted to what i...
How can I stay active if I have a chronic illness?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Because of the symptoms they experience, those who live with chronic illness may find it challenging...
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Add exercise bands to your workout for a leaner, stronger physique. Feel like you're getting weaker? If you're not already including strength training...
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer