How can I keep track of how much my children exercise?

Have each family member aim for at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day and keep track of their progress in a daily log where you note the day, the type of activity, the length of the activity, and who participated. A simple notebook or calendar will work.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Fitness For Children

How can I help my child find an activity she enjoys?
If kids tell me that team sports like baseball, basketball, and soccer aren’t really up their alley,...
How can I keep my child active if she doesn’t like sports?
Dania J. Lindenberg, MDDania J. Lindenberg, MD
Sports are not a good fit for every child, but there are lots of organized activities that involve p...
How can physical activity improve my child's brain?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Studies have found that the brains of physically active children have more developed centers for cog...
How Do You Get the Message Out About Fitness, Sports and Nutrition?