How can I keep track of how much my children exercise?

Have each family member aim for at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day and keep track of their progress in a daily log where you note the day, the type of activity, the length of the activity, and who participated. A simple notebook or calendar will work.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Fitness For Children

Boost Kids' Fitness With Activity Zones
Boost Kids' Fitness With Activity Zones
On the school playground, getting “in the zone” is a smart way for kids to reach their goals—of more physical activity and better classroom performanc...
Is it safe for a child to work out with weights?
Working out with weights, or weight training, can be safe for children, and there is no evidence to ...
Is an hour a day of exercise enough for children?
Dina M. Gottesman, MDDina M. Gottesman, MD
Physical activity in children and adolescents improves strength and endurance, builds healthy bones ...
Does Healthy Food Have to Be More Expensive and Less Available?